Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kim So Eun and Kim Bum have lots in common





Above 4 images credit: dramabeans.com.

The image below can be UPsized:






Credits: clubcity.kr, gonews.co.kr, newsen.com and allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/kim_so_eun_doesnt_like_pretty_boys

"Although most relate the success of KBS2TV Boys Before Flowers to the pretty boys of F4 who have easily charmed the hearts of female viewers, you cannot ignore the pretty girls of the drama, Goo Hye Sun and especially Kim So Eun. Many have been commenting on the official website, "She (Kim So Eun) is my ideal girl", "I only watch the drama for Kim So Eun", etc showing the immense popularity she has garnered since appearing in the drama.

While appearing in Boys Before Flowers, Kim So Eun also had a role in the Iron Empress concurrently as the young Hwang Bo Su, drawing praise from all quarters for her solid acting. To showcase her character's leadership qualities from young, So Eun had to prepare 3 months in advance for her role, learning to speak the language (different accent), archery, expressions, horse riding, history studies, etc. She expressed, "I learned a lot before the drama to act as Choi Sira's sunbaenim teen character but it was worth the effort as it was a great opportunity for everyone to know me. That was my thinking and spurred me on despite the hardship. So it was a pity that my part ended after 8 episodes. But it was good to have built a good foundation from this and I believe it will only help me greatly in the future."

Because of the manga's popularity, Kim So Eun had a lot of burden while preparing herself for Boys Before Flowers. So to prep herself even better, she watched all the drama and movie adaptations of the manga for her Gal Eul role. And something different in the Korean adaptation is that, Gal Eul will have a love line with So Yi Jung, 1 of the F4 members where she will show a more feminine side to her character and show her persistence towards love.

"I have yet to really have a real love relationship. But I have picked up quite a few tips through this drama. Although my character likes Kim Bum's character in the drama, but my feeling is that compared to guys who look pretty/handsome, I prefer guys who are understanding, broad-minded, and can teach me a lot of things. That kind of guy is my ideal type."

Coincidentally, both Kim So Eun and Kim Bum have lots in common. Besides 89 babies, both of them are currently studying at Chung-Ang University, majoring in film studies, so they are kind of linked together in real life. But that is not necessary so as So Eun explained, "Although Bum is studying in the same university with me, he has been very busy with Unstoppable High Kick and then East of Eden. It's the same for me as I have to prepare for 2 dramas so there isn't much free time at all as I am always rushing for my schedules. So actually, we don't really keep in contact much. And even if we are filming for the same drama now, we only meet when we have scenes together, that's it. But in future episodes, there will be more scenes of Gal Eul and Yi Jung together, so watch out for that everyone."

Kim So Eun also mentioned that she is still on good terms right now with Super Junior members Kim Kibum and Sung Min, having worked with them in 2005. She was in a KTF commercial with Kibum and acted alongside Sung Min in MBC Sisters of the Sea drama.

And as for which movie of hers that has left a deep impression on her, So Eun picked The Show Must Go On. In that movie, she had a meaty role, acting as the rebellious daughter of Song Kang Ho's character. "The movie filming felt like it was being filmed like what a real family would do. In fact, I still keep in contact with Song Kang Ho sunbaenim very often and he takes really good care of him. Regardless, this movie has left the deepest impression on me."

Right now, Kim So Eun's Cyworld minihompy has an average of 5,000 visitors daily who will also leave messages for her. Most showed their support for the SoEul relationship, "Simply too compatible with Kim Bum, please create a beautiful love", "I only started watching Boys Before Flowers for Kim So Eun, fighting!". So Eun said, "I am someone who loves to have a camera around and take a lot of pictures because I feel that pictures represent memories. Although I would love to meet up with my fans, discuss about the filming, little stories about my life but I am not able to. So I hope to translate my messages through pictures instead!".

Credit: allkpop.com.

66 comments:

  1. Kim Soeun is so cute...........she cums out well in kkotboda namja so good luck with here and being an actress!nut i can tell dat kim bum and kim soeun r right for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HER SO MUCHH!
    so eul fighting!
    kim so eun and kim bum looks so cute together.
    i wish they will soon have a drama together since BOF just finished && i want them to be the main characters.
    they should make the korean version of "IT STARTED WITH A KISS" or they should make up there own one.
    i just wna see them together.
    i watch there cf 20 times a day.
    (thats how i love them)
    BTW i only watch bof && iron empress cas of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope that so eun and kim bum have their own movie or tv series together.. cause they look good .. i wish that they can be together as real life couple.. :) i love them both.. SoEul the best.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is simple but beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim So eun is very cute and adorable she shud have her own drama with Kim Bum although they have played a role in the BFF but for me it isn't enough for us to attract the attention on them while the story were be roling more to Joon Pyo and Jan Di.
    An opinion i think Kim So Eun and Kim Bum they have a chemistry towards each other.Although it's just a scene but they made it realistic and natural.So for my suggestion they are more on eac other love.
    Athirah Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Kim So Eun and Kim Bum looks cute and adorable with eachothers arms...I would definitely love if they would have their own tv series i'm sure that all of the fans would agree...right???they have a perfect chemistry..I also hope that soon love will bloom to both of them...You both rock...I Love BOF...FIGHTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously I wouldn't mind if the next 10 to 20 new korean dramas are SoEul dramas. I won't get bored of them. What a perfect chemistry. Should try dating in real life. HAHAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. please do a movie ot tv series with kim bum!=)

    -filipina fan of SoEul

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! i love Kim So-Eun soooo much! and of course the Kim So Eun and Kim Sang Bum team up is really great! they have the "Chemistry" +laughs:))))+

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love SoEul Couple. Kim Bum and Kim So Eul are match! I hope Yi Jeong and Ga Eul love story turns into the real love story :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that they should make a korean version on 'ISWAK' a.k.a 'It started with a kiss'.
    But I want more kissing scenes in their drama!XD
    It's gonna be the hottest drama if they made it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey did you ever try dating each other well try it

    ReplyDelete
  13. my friend says that kim so eun and kim sang bum are siblings???is it true???sumb0dy cud answer me???!!i hope its not true...~_~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard about boys over flowers 2 is it true?
    I hope its about kim so eun and kim bum this time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know dat kim bum in real life like kim so eun ..is it true?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree.. kim so eun & kim bum should do a tv series together, for sure it would be a big hit.. they really really look good together.. love them both..

    ReplyDelete
  17. yeah!!! I also like them both...they look good together..they really had a good chemistry..i like the tandem of kim bum & kim so eun..and im hoping that they'll have their own drama in the future..=)

    ReplyDelete
  18. kim bum ad kim so eun are a perfect match ♥ i wish they'd kiss some where some how :P in bbf ga eul (kim so eun's) stupid phone range so they did'nt get to kiss, they were soooooo close :( o well , i ope they are goin g out in real life too! (;

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love kim so eun. she is so beautiful. she rocks!!! they look good together with kim bum... they should marry each other.

    KIM SO EUN♥KIM BUM

    ReplyDelete
  20. do kim bum and you already dating??????????

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love you , kim so eun. I hope you and kim bum will ... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like kim so eun and kim bum..they look perfect together..their show in boys over flowers are also very well done.i just hope that the ending for them in the show will be more wonderful..
    Kim So Eun & Kim Bum FIGHTING !!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. kim bum n so eun r so cute together...i heard that there will be bof 2 n i hope its about ga eul n yi jung if not they should act in a drama of their own...hope they will get married 2 each other...i will always support so eun...fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL kim so euN waS gR8 in tHis DraMA......

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love kim bum and kim so eun. They make such a good match and i hope they are dating in real life :) i just love seeing the two together. I hope they make another drama with each other, where they are the main couple..how cutee <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG.....kim so eun and kim bum look too cute with other...........ope they are really dating.......

    ReplyDelete
  27. kim so eun your good actress in asia
    keep up the good work!

    schoolprincess_pink247@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love her to the max! She is the prettiest person i have ever seen! Pretty inside out! Any guy who have her is super lucky! Luckier than striking lottery! Same goes for kim bum! He is so CUTE!!! Both of them make the best couple ever! And if they ever get together, i bet the whole of korea. No no, in fact, the WHOLE WORLD will rejoice for them. All the best soeul ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. I realy hope Kim So Eun and Kim Bum be couple in one drama again,they are main star. and I hope all my own become real.

    ReplyDelete
  30. KIm So Eun and Kim Bum are da best....i like BOF but I don't like it coz theres no stinkin kissing scene between these two, and there should be...i heard in an interview dat they do like each other..( is this true???) ...i hope its true...even if theres a lot of people in here already saying dis i'm just re saying it , because it might come true...and if u 2 like each other then date!!! kim Bum stop being a shy person about ur feeling to Kim so eun..we all know..or atlest hope dat u 2 ~LOVE~ each other! (hope dis all comes true!..............:*)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hope she can be kim bum's girlfriend.I want them to be together.They are cute and romantic couple.

    ReplyDelete
  32. pa add naman po me kim so eun pamela_rianne08@yahoo.com idol k kau bgay kau n kim bum

    ReplyDelete
  33. I hope kim so eun married with kim bum.They can get a baby cute.I like kim bum and kim so eun.

    ReplyDelete
  34. hey soeun and kim bum are perfect match!
    soeulmate fighting!!
    love u so eun....:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. They are like destined to be together. They graduated from the same unversity, starred in the same drama and are the same age. Only Kim Bum is months older.

    ReplyDelete
  36. pls add me on ur friendster

    rasta_reyna91@yahoo.com
    im ur big fan

    ReplyDelete
  37. OHMYGOSH I LOVE U KIM SO EUN!! and i agree with everyone else that has commented, you and kim bum do make a good couple! i hope you guys will make a movie together, starring you two as a couple! IM YOUR BIG FAN!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Kim Bun and her looks good together. I didn't really like BOF before but because of them together I eventually came to like it. I skipped some scenes and just only watched their scenes.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  39. kim so eun you beatiful...
    so sweet,you so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  40. i love kim bum and kim so eun
    maybe someday they will be husband and wife

    ReplyDelete
  41. i wish they can make a new drama series KIMSOEUNANDKIMBUM!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I don't speak korean or understand any of it .. i only watch BOF because of kim bum and kim so eun .. i wish they can married .. and i wish they can make thier own tv series or movie .. im ur big big big fan .. kim so eun love kim bum ..

    ReplyDelete
  43. it's amazzzzzzziiiiinggggg!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love Kim So-Eun soooooooo much!!!!! Honestly, I think she should do another drama with Kim Bum. I think the two look really good together, like a match made from heaven!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. hi kim so eum i like cuz you re so cute and preety girl
    i like u and kim bum at BOF 'BOYS OVER FLOWER'

    ReplyDelete
  46. I LIKE kim so eun she is very preety girl
    i like her with kimbum at boys over flower
    lov together okke kim so eun you are so beautyfull girl hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  47. SoEun & KimBum is the B2ST....
    So Eun fighting

    ReplyDelete
  48. kim bum bagay kyo n kim soeun ?sno b yung girlfriend m satotoong buhay totoo b n playboy k ?kim bum kelan ulit papanood yung boys over flowers ulit maganda kasi yun fans m t nagcomment syo ang pangalan k ay chelsea mhay i love you kim bum

    ReplyDelete
  49. pa add naman p ako s facebook i love you kim bum magada pla s kim seoun pretty

    ReplyDelete
  50. kim bum and kim so eun are cute couple........
    i hup they will together 4ever.......
    I LOVE KIM BUM AND KIM SO EUN........<3....

    ReplyDelete
  51. hOPe kim bum and kim so eun have a movie and drama....♥♥♥
    sold out ticket sana ipalabas di sa philippines....:)

    kim bum and kim so eun kailan kayo bi2sita here in philippines..???

    ReplyDelete
  52. Is it true that Kim Bum and Kim So Eun have this couple ring that I'm always seeing in the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  53. OMG! I love this couple!!! Why can't they be together in real life? And hopefully a lot of movies together as a loveteam. <3

    ReplyDelete
  54. wonderful actingfor drama series boys over flower...................... you two did well for that.......................congrats,............amamazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.........................

    ReplyDelete
  55. luv u kim so eun n kim bum.....as all of ur fans said dat dey lyk u 2 a lot i also lyk u 2 a lot...hope in future u 2 will b a couple 4ever.....

    LUV U BOTH ^_____________^

    ReplyDelete
  56. luv u so eun n kim bum......^_____^ u both r mindblowin u both luk awesome in bof....hope in real lyf u 2 will b da couples....all the best wishes 4m me 2 u both....

    ReplyDelete
  57. i love kim so eun and kim bum they are love team but i hope that they will be one in real life

    ReplyDelete
  58. love you soeun hope in future you and kimbum will be together for ever....................... !!!!
    ^_____________________________^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  59. i like kim so eun and kim bum...they suit each other and i love seeing them together...i hope they were really dating in real life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  60. well,I like her with Kim Bum. They are really a perfect couple, you know? Anyways, I wish they are really true and happy couple..cause they look cute and perfect together..same age, same university..

    ReplyDelete
  61. KIM BUM and KIM SO EUN FOREVER!! it's already 2012 , even though i don't see them in a drama or movie together anymore, i still continue on looking forward to them ! When I saw them in BOYS OVER FLOWERS for the first time, it was like...SPARKLING! when they're together they spark a lot !:D And i'm here hoping they could be together again cause i'm stuck in this stage of just watching their old pictures and blogs so wishing for you two to be back!! I'm a SoEul Couple Believer Forever!!! Go Kim So Eun and Kim Bum! ---Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  62. kim so eun and kim bum was the best partner i had ever see in movie,,, wow!.... no. 1 fans here!!!... i love kim so eun and kim bum!

    ReplyDelete
  63. hope that two of you were a true couple now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

    ReplyDelete
  64. number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete

Please note that I have removed "show word verification for comments" so leaving comments should be easier and more convenient...